Chief Engineer - Platform Architecture
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Job Number: 1923
Requisition Number: 146567BR
Position Title: Non Categorized Workforce_50522548
Does the development of our Product Platforms and Vehicle Architectures sounds like something that motivates you? If yes, then keep on reading, we’ve got the right opportunity for you.
At CAST within Vehicle Engineering, we are now looking for the Chief Engineer Platform Architecture to join our dynamic and ambitious Leadership Team to play a crucial role in the future of our modular architecture.
Help us to develop and govern the architecture for the future. As part of the Volvo Group Technology organization, you will accelerate our journey by developing the product platforms and the next generation vehicle architectures towards zero emissions. Be part of our transformation as we strengthen our team. Bring your love of developing platforms and architectures, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills in a place where you can make a difference.
This is us, your new colleagues:
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to architecture and technology development as well as empowering and developing our employees. We are proud architects, analysts, physical and digital product specialists, engineers, caring about our future products and our future concepts and platforms.
Our organization within Vehicle Engineering, CAST & Platform Development, is a global function that has the responsibility to drive and coordinate the Volvo Group principles for Common Architecture & Share Technology. We also identify, propose, and drive key efficiency initiatives in Engineering as well as secure new & common ways of working by supporting process & tools development within our hardware ecosystem.
We are a global department of around 150 engaged engineers committed to improving our customer’s performance. We take on exciting challenges within a positive and constructive atmosphere where team cooperation, different perspectives and doing your best are highly valued.
What will you do?
As Chief Engineer Platform Architecture, you will have the responsibility for leading the platform architects in our team located in Gothenburg, as well as connecting to our platform architect on our other sites. You will also support in various activities within GTT and across different Business Areas and Business Units in the Volvo Group and different Joint Ventures.
You will lead, guide, engage and support your team consisting of highly skilled and motivated employees. You will work cross-functionally and collaborate closely with relevant internal and external stakeholders and partners. The position has three principal areas of responsibility:
- Architecture development: Take lead in the shaping of the platform and architectural content of projects and epics by running pre-studies and compiling architecture prerequisites towards project and Epics. This includes defining the overall platform scope, modularization activities and performance step identification and architecture preparation.
- Architecture road mapping: Development of the architecture road map by running synchronizations between streams and support in the definition of the platform and architecture strategies. The strategies consist of modular and interface strategies as well as functional growth and offering
- Architecture governance: Provide input to the platform and architectural governance by preparation of strategies and approval of architectural changes in projects by preparation of decision material for various decision fora
You will also
- Take part of the Architecture and Advance Engineering leadership team
- Be part of different branding topics related to visual and aftermarket branding
- Support in defining the platform offering an identification of future variance
- Preparation, reporting of CAST metrics
- Identify actions linked to continuous improvements areas
- Lead early conceptual cross-functional investigations
- Assure a stable vehicle architecture for the Volvo Group cross-truck brands by supporting and influencing RnD activities with extra focus on modular solutions and layout interfaces
- Cooperation with Advance Engineering group in different studies and projects
- Be part of CAST Community of Practice across the different BA/BU
Who are you? Are we a perfect match?
- You are an experienced leader with a drive to explore and develop new technology. You have a MSc or higher educational background. A positive mindset and “we-can-do-it attitude” characterizes your personal profile. You are confident in driving activities inside as well as outside your own organization.
- You have a strong technical acumen to pave way for future products that our customers will yearn for
- You have the ability to see the “big picture” and you are used to managing tasks on a high level of complexity
- You have strong knowledge within modularization – you understand the balance between customer offering and a properly sized modular toolbox
- You are business-oriented leader with strong strategic and analytical ability
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills with a passion for influencing and inspiring others with facts, and the ability to interact and influence at all levels
- You have natural innovation, creative and leadership qualities to initiate the change to stay ahead
What is our offer to you?
CAST is built on solid foundations, group-wide competences and with purpose-driven leadership where respect and commitment are key values. We always encourage people to take individual responsibility and we offer exciting and challenging assignments in a highly innovative and complex environment.
The position offers excellent opportunities for you to use your own initiative. We strongly believe that high performance comes from a collaborative, inclusive and playful environment.
Does it sound energizing and challenging? Are you eager to contribute to the development of our CAST future in a passionate and collaborating environment? We look forward to receiving your application!
Volvo Group Trucks Technology are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality. We find that well-balanced working teams increase group dynamics, creativity, and innovative approaches to better solutions.
Curious and want to know more? Please contact me:
Andreas Lundmark, Director – Platform Architecture and Advance Engineering, +46 739024930
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Engineer - Platform Architecture
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EEO Employer Verbiage Displays here
Location_formattedLocationLong: Gothenburg, SE